The photo at the top right of our web site is Pikes Peak, with Garden of the Gods in the foreground. Yes, it really does look like that around here. Our campground is in some of the most beautiful country around, yet outside the city lights where you can build a campfire, see wildlife and explore in a safe environment!
- Lone Duck is surrounded by Pike National Forest.
- The weather is usually sunny in the summer, with highs in the upper 70's to low 80's. Cool nights.. Here are the current conditions.
- Colorado Springs is the nearest metropolitan area to the Duck.
- Tourism contributes a large portion of Colorado's economy - for a reason!
- Gambling is legal in Cripple Creek, Black Hawk, and Central City. Cripple Creek is a 45 minute drive from the Duck.
- There is some outstanding fishing in the state. Stocked and Gold Medal waters are nearby -- of course we have our own pond as well! So whether you're somebody like the girl in this picture or seasoned at fly fishing, you can have a great time!